You might be tempted to think picking the right wedding date is as simple as pointing a calendar. However, the (sad!) truth is that things tend to get more complicated than that when brides and grooms-to-be get down to action and start planning their Big Day.
How do you choose the perfect date for the perfect Big Day? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Take into consideration the basic weather information. What kind of weather are you expected to experience during particular times of the year? How will this differ if you want to plan your wedding abroad? Your wedding date dictates the kind of event you will have – so don’t rush into making a decision.
- Furthermore, remember that the day of the week you choose can have a huge impact. For instance, a Sunday wedding is very likely to cost a lot less than a Saturday event – and it also means you will most likely have to set your wedding towards the beginning and middle of the day (ergo, less alcohol, less dancing, and a different type of décor).
- Think of the holidays. Sure, a Christmas wedding sounds amazing – but how many of your guests will actually be able to attend? The same goes for the majority of the national and largely-celebrated holidays in the United States…
- Make it meaningful. If possible, try to find a date that is meaningful for you – the day you first met, the day you first dated, or even one of your birthdays. You might not be able to coordinate this with venue and vendor availability, but if it’s close enough it will still add a beautiful layer of romanticism and sentimentalism to the entire Big Day.
Looking for a devoted wedding planner to help out with everything? Contact Tamara Wendt Events and we will be there for you to guide you, coordinate your ideas, and create a truly spectacular Big Day for your love story!
Photo by Tom Pumford on Unsplash
Wedding etiquette is much more permissive these days – but even so, many brides are troubled by a variety of questions when it comes to planning this huge event in their lives. For instance, many of you may be asking yourselves about alcohol-free weddings, whether this is an acceptable option, and what are the things you should know about them.
We have the answers – so read on if you want to learn more about alcohol-free weddings.
- Your reasons for having an alcohol-free wedding might be personal and pertain to your beliefs, your lifestyle, or simply the fact that you will be having a breakfast wedding. In this case, having an alcohol-free wedding is a really good option and you should definitely go for it – in the end, this is your wedding, and these are your rules and there are a ton of mocktails and refreshments you can actually serve during an alcohol-free wedding!
- On the other hand, your reasons for having an alcohol-free wedding may be connected to your limited budget. Yes, you will surely save a lot of money by eliminating the alcohol (and maybe only serving a glass of bubbly for the toasts). However, you should consider some other money-saving options before you completely settle on this one. From serving just beer and wine to attentively calculating the amount of alcohol you will need, there are many ways to shrink your alcohol bill – consider them first!
- If, however, you do settle on having an alcohol-free wedding, be sure your guests will know this from the very beginning. You can write this on the invitations (or on your wedding website), so that everyone knows what to expect of the Big Day.
Looking for a very dedicated and talented wedding planning professional? Contact Tamara Wendt Events and we will be there for you to help you plan your Big Day in Big Style!
Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash
Although some couples may not give much importance to this, the rehearsal dinner is, in fact, part of the Big Day “previews”. Therefore, you will surely want to create a special atmosphere there, and then leave guests wanting for more for the following day, the Big One.
What is the key to an unforgettable rehearsal dinner? How do you plan this pre-wedding event in a beautiful, unique, and genuinely non-stressful way? We have some tips for you – read on to find out more.
- It should be amazing, but not necessarily in a way that competes to the Big Day. In other words, if you are having a really elegant and luxurious wedding, you will want to go one or two steps lower on the “luxury” scale with the rehearsal dinner.
- Bear in mind: just because this is the rehearsal and not the “real thing”, it doesn’t mean you cannot bring delicious foods and drinks here. On the contrary: guests will be delighted to have a good bite and prepare for the next day.
- Want to save money on the rehearsal dinner? Book it earlier in the day if your VIP guests are free. It really doesn’t matter if you have your rehearsal at 4 pm or 8 pm – but it can definitely make a pretty big difference in terms of the final price.
- A theme will help you connect everything from a visual point of view – just like it will do it for the wedding itself too. You don’t have to go overboard with this – even a color-based theme will help you create something really pretty and unforgettable!
Tamara Wendt Events is here to help you plan your Big Day – so if you want to keep it stress-free and anxiety-free, make sure to give us a call as soon as possible!
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash
Long gone are the days of white wedding gowns and pink satin bridesmaids’ dresses. Sure, you can always opt for these classics if they define you and your personal style – but beyond that, most of the old-school wedding traditions are not mandatory anymore.
Take your wedding cake, for example. Once a minimum three-tier white cake with a pretty bride-and-groom topper, your average wedding cake these days is, well…nothing average. From small to extra-large, from pies to cupcakes, from ice-cream to fondant, and from naked to buttercream, there’s a myriad of options you can choose from – and chocolate is (thank God!) one of them.
What are some of the very best chocolate wedding cakes to inspire you? Here are some ideas:
- Three colors. Want to make sure you satisfy all of your wedding guests? Opt for a three-tier wedding cake in three colors: a very dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white buttercream. We guarantee the cake will be a huge success – both from a visual point of view and, of course, from the point of view of its taste as well!
- Decadent sculptures. Want a really fancy wedding cake? Opt for a chocolate one, decorated with chocolate arabesques. It will look breathtaking and it will surely attract all of your guests’ praise!
- Nature-inspired. In love with all those pretty naked cakes, but not ready to give up on the delicious chocolate frosting? You can have a cake that belongs to both “worlds”! Talk to your pastry chef about creating a chocolate-covered cake with a rustic accent to it and fresh flowers and greenery as decorations. Simple, beautiful and pure!
Don’t have enough time to plan the perfect wedding? Tamara Wendt Events is here to serve you! We have the experience, the know-how and the true passion for beautiful weddings – everything you need for a stunning Big Day!
Every second of your wedding day is bound to be totally unforgettable – but when you want to make sure all details are beautifully captured on camera, you really need to make sure you choose the right photographer.
How to do that? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- Your photographer’s style should be 100% compatible with your own. The last thing you want is a bunch of wedding pictures that are not really relevant for you, your style, and who you are as a couple. Just imagine yourself being a very casual couple and hiring a photographer that only shoots ultra-elegant, traditional photos!
- Their recommendations. A good photographer will not only shoot pictures of you and your wedding details – they will also know how to advise you on what poses to take and what other elements to include in the picture for a complex, beautiful composition in your pictures.
- Discuss the contract. Many times, brides and grooms make the (huge!) mistake of not reading the contract. Make sure you don’t do this – read every part of the contract, including the fine print, and be ready to renegotiate it if you don’t like something about it.
- Last, but definitely not least, your budget matters too. You need to make sure you can actually afford paying the photographer. Remember, the more you pay for your photography services, the more likely it is that you will a truly qualitative service.
Are you searching for an experienced and talented wedding planner? Contact Tamara Wendt Events and allow us to be the ones who stand by you when you get married! With us on your side, your Big Day is bound to look absolutely gorgeous! Call us today and let’s talk about your dream wedding!
Photo by Jeremy Wong on Unsplash
Of course, we know very well you have a thousand-and-one things on your “to do” list. However, your wedding budget should never fall last in terms of priority – on the contrary, actually. With wedding prices going up and with this event being really huge in your life, you will definitely want to make sure you don’t forget to budget for some of the most important wedding elements. For example, do make sure you take into consideration the following:
- All those pre-wedding details. You want your “bridesmaids’ proposal” to be really nice – but have you budgeted for this as well? Also, did you know there’s a fee you have to pay for the marriage license itself? The pre-wedding details may not seem like much – but it is highly important that you create a budget for these elements.
- Depending on how many invitations you want to send and on how large/bulky they are, you should also expect to pay quite the sum for postage as well. Of course, these costs should go on your wedding budget spreadsheet too
- Wedding dress alterations. It doesn’t matter what size you wear: it is more than likely that you will need to alter your wedding gown. Be sure to jot this down on your list of wedding costs!
- The “morning of”. Aside from makeup and hair, you will also have to take into account other wedding costs connected to the “morning of”. For instance, if you want to spend the night at a hotel close to your wedding venue, consider the price of the room (and the price of your bridal squad’s rooms as well).
Want to make sure your wedding planning goes smoothly and stress-free? Contact Tamara Wendt Events and allow us to be your trustworthy helpers when planning the Big Day. Our experience and talent are at your disposal, so that you can create a truly magical wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jin.Dongjun
What would you do without your superhero ladies, the ones who stood by you throughout the wedding planning process and the ones who will stand by you when you spell out the big “I do”? We bet you want to choose really nice gifts for your bridesmaids – but we also know doing this can be quite confusing if you don’t know where to start.
To help you with this, we have gathered some of the very best tips for you to keep in mind – so read on and find out more.
- First of all, think of something that’s truly meaningful. Your bridesmaids are your best friends and the super-ladies who will support you through good and bad (both throughout the planning process and during the actual big day). They are not workmates you don’t talk to, but people with whom you are close – and your gift should really reflect this. Think of the things your ladies love, of the things they don’t like, and how you can bring your own personality into the mix.
- Furthermore, keep in mind that the gift doesn’t have to be something material. For instance, pampering your bridesmaids with a spa session before the big day, or hiring professional makeup artists for them will surely bring a big smile on these women’s faces.
- Last, but definitely not least, don’t forget that your flower girl is also part of the bridal party – and her cuteness deserves your attention just as much as the other bridesmaids do. Offer her a nice gift adequate for her age and she will be happy.
Want to make sure all the wedding planning details are really well-organized? Come visit Tamara Wendt Events to learn more about our wedding planning services. Contact us and hire us today!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Maggie Hoffman
A bit of sparkle never hurt anyone, right? Of course, when it comes to a wedding, we all know just a tad of glitz is more than welcome – but how do you actually incorporate it in a tasteful and stylish way?
We have some tips and ideas for you – so read on if you need some inspiration.
- The centerpieces. Of course, you don’t have to spray-paint your pretty roses in glitter (although, of course, you can do that too). However, covering short vases in glitter (gold, rose gold and/or silver) will look absolutely splendid, regardless of the blooms you choose to place inside.
- Table runners. Looking to add a dash of beauty and sparkle to your tables? Table runners are an easy way to do this – either by placing them on top of a simple table cloth, or by placing them on the “naked” tables themselves (the last option is ideal for a rustic-chic wedding). Furthermore, your shiny table runners don’t have to be all sequins if you are not a fan of the idea – they can also be delicately “sprinkled” with glitter or with shiny patterns on them.
- Chair covers. If you want to make your wedding chairs stand out in a really stylish way, cover them with something sparkly – they will look absolutely mesmerizing. Some of you may think doing this with all the chairs is a bit too much – and if that is the case, you can always resume yourself to the wedding party chairs only (or, why not, just the sweetheart chairs).
Want a professional pair of eyes to take care of your wedding décor details? Come visit Tamara Wendt Events and allow us to help you plan the kind of superb wedding none of your guests will ever forget.
We know wedding etiquette is not even by far as huge as it used to be – but even so, there are still at least some rules that make sense today (and should be followed by all those who want to make sure nobody at their wedding will be offended in any way).
What are some of the most essential wedding etiquette tips to remember for your Big Day? We have gathered them right here – so read on and find out more.
- Be very considerate when you create the wedding registry. It’s perfectly fine to include all those typical wedding registry items everyone’s familiar with (such as the “classic” china set). However, it is absolutely important to make sure you include items of varying price ranges too. You don’t want anyone invited at your wedding to feel bad for not having a lot of money to spend on the gift – so offer them the opportunity to buy you something you genuinely like!
- As you may know, organizing a receiving line is not mandatory anymore. HOWEVER, it is still very important to meet and greet each guest – so take your time to stop by each table and chit-chat with everyone. It will make all of your guests feel very important to you!
- Think of your bridesmaids when choosing their attire for the Big Day. Sure, you will want to coordinate their dresses with your gown, with the wedding, and with the color scheme as well. Beyond that though, you should also consider your bridesmaids’’ silhouettes and body types, as well as their general preferences. The best way to do this is by giving them clear guidelines on what to wear, but leaving them with a bit of freedom of choice too (e.g. colors in the same range, all dresses at the same length, but with different necklines, and so on).
Want to make sure you don’t trespass any unwritten wedding rule? Contact Tamara Wendt Events and allow us to help you plan the perfect wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Photo by Sweet Ice Cream Photography on Unsplash